The scheme is open to all schools, registered charities and not-for-profit organisations, with priority given to projects that provide food and support to young people. Examples of eligible applications with a focus on food security, children and young people could be:
- A school providing pupils with food for breakfast clubs or snacks throughout the day.
- A school wanting to buy equipment for outdoor or indoor activities.
- A school wanting to develop a food growing area.
- A school supporting an after school club.
- A voluntary organisation working with families to run a food bank.
- An organisation addressing holiday hunger.
- A healthy eating project that supports families to cook healthy meals on a budget.
- A Brownie or Scout group needing funding for new play equipment or activities.
If you are a Tesco colleague or customer, you can also nominate a cause that you’d like to see supported. Tesco colleagues in each store will help select those needing a little help in your local area and when our customers are given a blue token, in any of our Tesco stores at the checkout, they can vote for their favourite charity to receive a grant. Community charity Groundwork manages this website and administers the funding across the UK. Groundwork is working with Greenspace Scotland to support successful projects in Scotland.
Nominate and support a local project that matters to you
We welcome nominations from Tesco customers and colleagues, you can nominate projects for a Tesco Stronger Start grant and vote in-store for shortlisted projects. Help us fund the projects that really matter to you.
See how the funding can help
This breakfast club aims to reduce the stress of the morning routine for families and children, offering them a healthy breakfast before school starts.
Tesco community grants have supported thousands of community projects since 2016.
Find out what has been funded near you:
03 July 2023
Tesco is introducing a £5m grant programme, in partnership with Groundwork UK, to give children across the UK a stronger start in life.
03 March 2023
Thousands of school children across the UK will benefit from a new grant programme launching this summer which will provide £5 million in grants to help give them a healthier, more active, stronger start in life.
01 March 2023
Since it began, Tesco has awarded £101,881,339 in funding to 50,880 community projects. The grant awards were decided by 738,402,011 votes cast by Tesco customers in stores across the UK using their iconic blue tokens.